How It Works
The performances will be delivered via a safe, secure, and private YouTube stream. Simply purchase a streaming pass (click here) and you will receive an e-mail to a locked and secure pre-event screen. A countdown clock will show when your event codes will be revealed. After the code is revealed, another clock will show the live stream start time.
- We highly recommend that you listen on speakers or wired headphones as wireless headphones or Bluetooth devices could cause a delay between audio and video.
- For best streaming quality we recommend Safari, Chrome or Firefox browsers, not Internet Explorer.
- Internet speed can also effect the quality of the stream. Avoid having multiple windows open during the live stream. Sometimes clearing your cache and restarting your device can help.
- If you didn’t receive your purchased streaming pass, please check your spam folder.
- If you can't locate your streaming pass, please contact [email protected]
- Note that each stream (Friday & Saturday) will be available for 48 hours in all time zones.
Smoke Jazz on Facebook
SMOKE SESSIONS RECORDS CD RELEASE
Joe Farnsworth - "Time to Swing"
The drummer of choice for some the biggest names in jazz for more than aquarter century, Joe Farnsworth delivers a career defining masterpiece of his own with Time to Swing featuring pianist and NEA Jazz Master Kenny Barron; consummate bassist Peter Washington; and virtuoso trumpeter and cultural icon Wynton Marsalis.
Farnsworth’s acute musical vision was formed over years of peerless performances and recordings with artists like George Coleman, Benny Golson, Pharoah Sanders, Curtis Fuller, Horace Silver, Diana Krall, and, of course, Wynton Marsalis. Wynton is the featured special guest on the first four tracks of Time to Swing and the pairing of his trumpet and Farnsworth’s cymbal beat is simply great jazz music. The first half concludes with a tour-de-force drum solo that is dedicated to the late, great Jimmy Cobb, before a second half that is as scintillating a piano trio performance as you’ll hear anywhere.
Farnsworth is something of a piano trio specialist with extensive work in theclassic trios of Cedar Walton, Hank Jones, McCoy Tyner, and Harold Mabern among others. Here, Barron, Washington, and Farnsworth deliver unforgettable renditions of Monk, Ellington, and more in a trio set that is a new classic in itself.
Get Your Copy Today!